Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bee Mine

Here are two more Valentine's Day cards that I made recently. In three hours in my craft room, I whipped out six cards! That is awesome for me because usually it takes me an entire sitting to get one card done.
Anyway, this card has a shape that I don't normally work with. It happened by accident; I scored the kraft cardstock in the wrong spot and one side was shortened by an inch. But I didn't want to waste lovely kraft since I am down to just a couple sheets. (I need to get some more before I run out completely! That would be bad. Very bad!)
So I just added some Bitty Dot patterned paper on the inside and some heart paper on the outside. The heart was cut using my Cricut and hangs over the edge of the front but is even with the backside.
The sentiment was stamped in Staz-On onto PTI Stamper's Select White cardstock. Then I colored them in using a blender pen and SU chalks. With the glittered bee wings, I love how this little image turned out! :)
This next card uses the same technique on the image. I used a punch to round the corners of the polka dot paper and just put a strip of glitter behind the image to make it pop. There's also dimensionals behind it so it stands up.
I think this simple little 3x3 is my favorite of the two. But I like them both a lot! On both cards, all the edges of the kraft were inked in Fresh snow.
Thanks for stopping by!
AE

No comments:

Post a Comment