Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mini Loaf of Love!

I've been on a baking kick lately. Making delicious chocolate covered macaroons, cutting out sugar cookies, baking brownies... it's non-stop! So today I wanted to share my baking with my coworkers and I decided to make banana nut bread in mini tins to give them!
I decided to put a Happy Thanksgiving sentiment on them because now that it is officially October, the holidays will be upon us before we know it!

I used this amaaaazing Betty Crocker recipe that calls for buttermilk. It's the secret ingredient that keeps the bread so moist and delicious! I doubled the recipe and came out with 12 mini loaves. I needed 8 for my coworkers and one for the neighbor so that left hubby and me with leftovers! Yessss!

I was browsing at Hobby Lobby today and found this patterned paper on clearance. I was really inspired by the fall colors... and of course it was on sale! I was also inspired by Dawn McVey's packaging idea found here. Pretty much everything she does inspires me but I just loved this quick and easy way she dressed up a loaf of yummy, homemade bread!

The sentiment is from Stamping Up and is stamped onto PTI cardstock. I used foam dimensionals to adhere the finished circle onto the paper strip. And of course I had to stamp a flourish or two in Versamark onto the cardstock. Then added the rustic jute twine, also from PTI, and it was complete!
I think I want to make zucchini nut bread next! Who knows though?! I could change my mind again tomorrow. What yummy things have you baked lately? Or are you planning on trying a new recipe soon?
I hope my coworkers like these! I'll let you know!
Thanks for stopping by
AE

No comments:

Post a Comment