Tuesday, April 6, 2010

a new month.

Hello, blog world! It's already a new month. I swear, I feel like it should still be February!
Today's card incorporates so many things outside of my usual comfort zone. The wrinkled seam binding has been on blogs everywhere, like Michelle Wooderson's here. Then I used some vintage book print, again a la Mish, as seen here.
The seam binding was something that I picked up at Michael's a while back and then I wasn't sure what in the world I would do with it. Seeing all the wrinkled, vintage stuff got me inspired to make it myself. So I used tea to dye the aqua colored seam binding and scrunched it up. It turned out this great vintage-y greenish color. Love it!

I really like the way this card and ribbon turned out. It was a step outside my comfort zone but I'm pleasantly surprised with the results. I'll definitely be trying this again.

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the springtime sunshine!
AE

No comments:

Post a Comment